View Single Post
Old 14th March 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
This is contradictory to a post you made on the 28th of February.

http://www.daemonforums.org/showpost...07&postcount=1
This is very off-topic.

You apparently haven't followed the tagging process in much detail in past releases. There are many shades of gray involved in cutting the CD images given that so many developers & platforms are involved along with ports stabilizing. Although the CVS Web interface showed the appearance of OPENBSD_4_5_BASE on 28 February, the increased frequency of snapshots which occurs around tagging continued through the first week in March up until the point where Theo went on vacation. The minor platforms typically see snapshot updates every 30+ days, so the appearance of daily snapshots is quite noticeable.

So quoting myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat
This means that most of the functionality to OpenBSD 4.5 has been solidified, & (most likely) only major issues found within the next week will be pushed back into this branch.
I intentionally used language to grant myself wiggle room because I know from experience that tagging doesn't preclude showstopper issues from being checked in after tagging occurs. We saw this when 4.4 was tagged.

So sorry, buddy. No contradiction was made. You should apologize to the OP for hijacking his thread.