View Single Post
Old 15th April 2013
VPN Cryptographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
I'm afraid those days are gone. The general public isn't interested in dealing with configuration; they use PC's because of work & the fear that their kids will be woefully unprepared if they don't have exposure to the things.

If the hardware they have begins to act "funny", it is far easier for them to justify buying a new system (not that this is my opinion...).

I don't believe complete systems can be purchased today without either Windows or OS/X pre-installed, so the industry isn't promoting the acquisition of knowledge at all. What the public has focused on is constant texting, & ordering pizza at all hours, not maximizing their hardware expenditures.
Everything is "throw away" now. It's to the point now that I pretty much hate computers, cellphones and technology in general...and being a programmer that's not too good...for what they are doing to society. I am not Ted Kaczynski.