View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th July 2011
Administrator

Default http://c0t0d0s0.org/ - closed

One of the best Solaris oriented blogs have just been shut down ... guess whO to thank for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://c0t0d0s0.org/
Dear readers of c0t0d0s0.org,

The blog is offline and will stay offline. Just to adress some of the ever reoccuring questions in a large number of mails. I planed to write nothing about it at first, but i felt that the large number of readers, which shared the experience of writing c0t0d0s0.org by reading it, deserved at least some basic clarifications. However please understand, when i'm getting not clearer than this :
The offlining can be considered as permament. However future will tell.
I'm still working at Oracle.
It's not because of a health issue. I'm feeling fine. So there is no need for any worries as expressed by some peoples mail
It's not because of technical problems. The website hasn't been hacked. So all the email addresses you used for commenting are still safe. So no risk of spam because of a leaked database or so.
It wasn't because of some copyright lawyers as two readers asked. The content available on this website is either homegrown or properly referenced.
Just to make it clear: It wasn't because of some commentators (you know about which ones i talking about). I thought some times about closing down because i had the impression they were the only ones reading, however this were short lived thoughts or just frustration. So: You don't have express apologies (as two readers did) nor it's time to make a dent into the shoulder stock.
I decided to remove all articles from the blog because of reasons i don't want to talk about and as much as i would like to thank you for offers of help, i think this would be an escalation i don't want. Be assured, that this was a hard, however inevitable decision from my side regarding the the overall situation.
Of course i have a backup, because my blog is to a part my own "external memory" for some techniques regarding using Solaris. It would be dumb to simply delete this stuff. I will go through every article and put the stuff worth to be integrated into the LKSF
The LKSF tutorial stays available. You can get a copy at http://www.c0t0d0s0.org/lksfbook/lksfbook_21022010.pdf. Perhaps there will be new releases of the document, now the workload of the blog vanished, however i'm not sure about that
before my work at c0t0d0s0.org gets forgotten: a recommendation at Xing or LinkedIn would be nice

Regards
Joerg Moellenkamp

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd