View Single Post
Old 21st June 2008
Arp Constable

For me, wireless is only used because if I tried staple gunning an eithernet cable across the ceiling and walls, my mother and the land lord would kill me :-P

Within my laptops range, I'm probably the only encrypted WLAN in the area. Some data that goes through my connection, I'm responsible for it's security so -- encrypted wifi + protocol with encryption + local data is stored encrypted on the file system where convenient.

I would never consider putting a wireless network anywhere (connectively speaking) near a secured location, unless it is as segregated from the wired network as much as technically possible with a scram switch to cut the connection just for paranoias sake.

WiFi has it's perks but I dislike that it opens a wider range of entry points over a purely wired setup, because you can't really guard radio waves very well lol.

In the famous words, "Fix one thing, break another"

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has thought of putting radio wave absorbent or interfering materials into a buildings insulation, in order to reduce the range of the AP outside it's required AOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlamb View Post
Case by case question.
Depends if you live in a suburb or in a city. ...

I am polite with people who are polite with me. Politeness does not includes lending my wallet to everyone.
very well put lvlamb ;-)

If someone wants to use my network, they can ask first or pay the toll ;-)

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.