View Single Post
Old 17th March 2011
Port Guard

Quote:
If OpenVPN works for the clients on the wired LAN (those connected to the ne3 NIC), then I don't understand why the OpenVPN clients on the wireless LAN (athn0 interface) have problems connecting.
This was my thought too. To me it could not be a matter of OpenVPN.

Quote:
One possible issue could that both wireless and OpenVPN use the 10/? net
This was the winning hint! The tun0 gets an IP in 10.0.xx.0 address space. I put athn0 in the 10.0.0.0 address space. Although both nics were in seperate subnets they interfered. So I changed athn0 to 192.168.1.0 and now I can connect to the internet from athn0!

Thanks again for your help!

Quote:
Quote:
On the other side is a ethernet interface fxp0 which connects to a dsl box and from there to the internet. The IP for fxp0 is assigned via dhcp from the dsl box within a different subnet than ne3. This is internal_interface_2 in pf rules.

OpenVPN is realized through tun0 interface. This is the "external" interface in pf rules.
This is confusing

Most people would call the fxp0 interface external, because it faces the public Internet. All interfaces connected to the the internal LAN, are called internal interfaces. In your case ne3 and athn0.
I thought so too. But, hey, it works. I won't touch it

Last thing on my mind: I connect to the wifi interface with my cell phone and the first request works. Every next request, be it a link or a new page, does not. I will search the forum, google a bit and maybe open another thread .

So long,
many thanks,
Sebastian