View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th December 2017
New User

Sorry for taking so long. Something came up yesterday, and I didn't have time to mess around with my laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFrettchen View Post
It's a good start...

You should re-download the install file, just to check it was not corrupted, and restart the entire install process.
So, I re-downloaded the install image, but it gave me the same problem:

I noticed that two IRQs are considered invalid and that the QLBD is not configured, but I'm not sure if they could even cause something like this because I don't know what they are or what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep View Post
Recent versions of FreeBSD install a gpt boot loader in the 1st two sectors of the hard drive. When NetBSD installs a mbr boot loader in just the 1st sector of a prior FreeBSD install, it results in a damaged table.
Thank you for the heads up. If I get the installer to boot, then I'll have to use gdisk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd-keith
When downloading O/S images, there should always be a checksum with the various versions so that you can verify that you got a good download image.

(Of course, most of us don't bother unless we have trouble. )
You're right. I probably should have looked for it, but I always feel like it's such a hassle hahaha...

Last edited by Stlyx; 7th December 2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: To include replies to shep and bsd-keith; To correct the image link