View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th July 2008
ISO Quartermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptonm View Post
The Regents of the University of California are mentioned in the eula for flashplayer. Dunno that it means a bsd os but looks like bsd code.
Well, yes then BSD code is used somewhere. That's news to me, but it is not really the issue. They are free to use it.

You may know that all of the BSD operating systems originate from the original UC Berkeley code, and since they do so, they have to include the Berkeley license. That's the deal.
Quote:
i suppose in light of referring to the fight club rules, and understanding further the nature of the relationship of openbsd with its users in the link provided by ai-danno, my comment on bitterness in the users is further irrelevant
Yes, it is. But do understand that Open is a bit more extreme than Free in this belief, and that it does not mean that the developers do not care about their product. For example, I have found the FreeBSD Gnome team to be extraordinarily responsive in all aspects about their interest. They do what they have to do, in an impressively fast and honest manner. It is just that the developers do what they are interested in, and no more. The same is true for Linux, BTW.