View Single Post
Old 20th June 2008
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopla View Post
After close inspection (grep -ri pam_passwdqc /etc/pam.d/) it seems that I have that line added to both /etc/pam.d/sshd AND /etc/pam.d/passwd
So you're saying I can leave out the line in /etc/pam.d/sshd and everything will be exactly the same for me? Got to try that out next monday
You should be able to leave it out of sshd, but now I don't know I don't have it in my sshd, and password enforcing still works... but I don't know how it would be affected by having it (or not). Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopla View Post
Well, that confirms it for me, thanks!

I agree with anomie on the forum guide, even if it was only to divert this discussion away from this thread After my testing on monday, I might just post a guide!
Yea, the login.conf thing annoyed me for several days while I tried to figure out why it wasn't working, then I stumbled upon an article somewhere (I wish I saved the link) that explained why it didn't work and what to do to enforce password strength. All was well again.

As to the guide - it'll be a welcome addition