View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2012
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
There is a reboot(8) command, & information presented to the user as the end of installation explicitly asks for this command to be executed. Given your comments made here, I am less certain in intuiting what you have done & knowing whether this can be resurrected.

My suggestion to you is to ignore disk encryption for now as you familiarize yourself with the installation procedure. Again, Section 4 of the FAQ is the best guide for learning & explanation of installing OpenBSD 5.2.

And to help you minimize the frustration & anxiety associated with being new to the OpenBSD environment, taking the time to familiarize yourself with the entirety of the FAQ now is time you will save on countless questions & issues.

My suspicions are that the procedure used to encrypt the disk was mangled. Again, I recommend following the information presented in the FAQ until you have more experience.
I really don't care about the aborted install, I didn't even put the install sets on the disk before I decided it would be best to start over. There is nothing there to rescue, that's not the problem.

My only problem now is that I somehow f*cked something up so badly that I can't even get into an installer. Both the OBSD- and Slackware installer hangs before it even gets going, using both said flash-stick and a usb-hdd that I dug out of a closet...