View Single Post
Old 24th June 2009
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
I've not thought about selling the non-Inel stuff, but I have a "Sun Ultra 1E+" clone (300MHz), a Ultra 5 (450MHz) an Ultra 60 (dual 450MHz) and a Tatung clone (parts machine for the Ultra 60; 360 MHz). All are SPRAC-based and pretty solid; I'd have to check on memory, but I think most are 512MB to 1GB. The 1E+ actually used to be the computation part of an MRI at a local hospital.

Are you interested?
Yes, in principle I am interested. I could get read of couple older PCs and replace them with SUN stations. Before I check with UPS for shipping (those things are heavy) can you tell me what are you asking for Ultra 60? How much for Ultra 5? You can PP if you feel more comfortable. I have couple SUN's keyboards, mouses, and 13w3 converters so I do not need them but if you are really looking to get a rid of them name the price maybe we can work out something.

Is that Tatung clone of Ultra 60? I have only seen Tatung clone of Ultra 10 and they are better than Ultra 10 made by SUN by a mile. By the way Ultra 10 would be one of SUN machines that I would never take even for free!

Cheers,
Oko

P.S. Doc how hard is to get reasonable priced Blade 1000 or even better Blade 1500 where you live? Most of those posted on Ebay are just way overpriced. By the way Blade 2000 is just re-branded Blade 1000 and Blade 2500 is just re-branded Blade 1500.

Do you still see on the University auction sales in California Blade 100 and 150? Those are now very reasonable on Ebay but they are tiny bit better made than Ultra 10 which is really PC with Sparc processor.