Thread: Social Media
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2019
Arp Constable

As far as facebook/twitter/linkedin, my major gripe is that I lack control. I joined linkedin and found it difficult to cancel. The process to dis-enroll was buried and even after completing it, I continued to get emails. It was not just me, there was a class action suit. Linkedin said they were having "technical" problems. I wondered if they were anything like AOL where you were worth more as advertising revenue.

I finally sent a registered letter threatening FCC reports/legal action if I received another email after 30 days.

Quote:
Many members have trouble with the PDFs.
As far as the club not being able to handle pdf's - Seriously??? The major browsers all support pdf and, if not, are more than happy to install an Adobe plugin.

I previously managed a club Website with monthly newsletters and the biggest pdf issue was the newsletter editor putting in unscaled/high resolution (ie more than the 72dpi of the monitors at that time) photos. In a rural area, with members on dialup, it would take about 20 minutes to download the newsletter.

Last edited by shep; 13th February 2019 at 03:21 AM.