View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th August 2008
VPN Cryptographer

I'll have to agree with drhowarddrfine. I started my daughter using a computer at 4 or 5 with KDE. And she caught on quickly. Then I got her her own PC and thought she would soon want to start programming or making web pages. When she did become interested in making a web page and saw on the work she lost interest.

Years later she began playing the Morrowind RPG on the PC. And she ask how do they make these types of games. I attempted to show her the construction set that allows you to create add on modules and such - again to complicated and lost interest.

It's said to say but, I feel with all the point and click GUI stuff is making the younger (and why do I feel old now...ok so i did use punch cards in 9th grade) generations are too lazy to learn anything beyond 3 or 4 clicks. Unless it's totally useless like myspace or facebook. Sometimes I think the unabomber's manifesto was correct.