View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th November 2009
New User

Default Two PF questions

I have recently started to build a firewall for my home network using OpenBSD 4.6 and PF. However PF is completely new to me. I have read through to PF users guide and I'm still having trouble figuring a few things out. I have a network architecture as follows:

[ server server server ] ------- [Switch] -------- [OpenBSD] -------- [Internet]

I have configured the OpenBSD box to simply act as a transparent bridge. I have two network cards, fxp0 is the external card and vr0 is my internal card.

Basically what I would like to do is redirect incoming traffic from the internet to different servers. From what I have read the rdr macro doesn't seem to take an inbound or outbound parameter. So what rule would I use to forward all incoming traffic destined for port 80 to one of the servers?

Also I would like to be able to log traffic intended for each server in a separate log file. I have already created three pflog interfaces but I don't quite understand how the pflogd works. Am I able to use the single daemon to log everything to separate files or do I need to run multiple instances of the daemon to achieve this?