View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th January 2011
Package Pilot

I really would not prefer to divulge too much information, but...I guess she had some issues. Not just one of those 'depression' things, but for some reason she just became incredibly unhealthy mentally. I've considered this might be gibberish as well, but this is why I wanted other people's opinions first.

If you go to letter 6 from the left on the top line, if you read down it reads "HELPME," and also the 5 letter from the left on the 9th line from the top, it also says "HELPME" with the exception of the last letter's position "E." Also there is one more instance on the 7th line from the top, 7th letter from the right. It reads "HELPMEHEKNOWS" but the line isn't straight; it helps if you look at the picture for the way it is written.

Also, the very bottom line, 6th letter from the left. If you read every other letter starting with 'H' it becomes "HEKNOWS" as well, with the exception of the last letter 'S' which doesn't have a letter between it and 'W'.

It would be that there is a message in it or not, or maybe it is gibberish, but I'm sure people well-versed in this field would probably be able to tell if it is nothing or not (maybe not from a glance, but still?).

In any case, I read on a crypto page about the frequency of letters and that if certain types of messages have certain frequences, and this cipher seems consistent with less common letters used in the English language, etc. Especially the most common letters that are used more often as well, which seems to make sense that there is indeed a message written that is hidden. I read that if a cipher's most common letters are 'e' followed by 't' then it is more like transposition rather than substitution. This cipher has many 'o' and 's' because I think she put certain quotes like "HE KNOWS" in repeatedly which may have influenced that. But otherwise, it seems to follow that rule.