Thread: Kde on Solaris
View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th June 2008
Package Pilot

Default KDE on Open Solaris

hi

i am just curious about Kde and XFCE how it will look if installed on Open Solaris.

i am hoping it does not look as bad as Belenix version of KDE with all those split categories on start menu if you want to call it a start menu.

i just found that part of Belenix to be very Ugly and nothing like the way FreeBSD looks with KDE.

i tried to install XFCE but i may have gotten a wrong version.
its so confusing they have too many versions out there and i do not always know which to use.

Also i am curious why it seems Solaris 10 seems faster then Open Solairs.

i know why it was slower i had something else running on a different network machine.
Web pages were slower is what i meant to say anyways.

Then i got to wondering is Open Solaris nothing but GNU rather then Unix.

i see they are battling with linux yet they are using what they can to give people the
idea that they are using GNU as well as Unix Solaris.

IN other words borrowing things Like Bill gates did with Winblows.?

i am not passing judgement on anyone or saying anything bad about their operating systems,but i guess i am just curious whats going on with them and indiana project and why.

Excuse the way i type please.i still need some help with the way i structure my words and Sentences or paragraphs as im never realy clear how to do it like everyone else does.

i was dislexis as a child and got through alot but still have a hard time doing things the way other people do them.

Even my fonts on my own web page look horrible.
bad size for the fonts and a bad format.

Last edited by whispersGhost; 5th June 2008 at 11:40 PM.