View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th November 2008
Port Guard

Default Problem loading (the correct) libX11.so.6

Hey all,

my first post here, and my first stab at BSD actually.

I've just installed FreeBSD 7.0 onto a box I'm planning to use as a game server. Everything went fine during install. I chose a pretty clean setup, but included X since I knew my game server needed some libraries from it. I also included support for linux binaries.

Now to my problem: I installed an Unreal Torunament server and when I tried to fire it up I got this error message:

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6: ELF file OS ABI invalid
After some looking around on the Internet I found out it seems to be loading the libX11.so.6 file located in /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6. Since I'm not using X, I just replaced the file in /usr/local/lib:

Code:
mv /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6 /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6.old
cp /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 /usr/local/lib/
That solved the problem. I then got the same error for libXext.so.6, so I did the same thing once more:

Code:
mv /usr/local/lib/libXext.so.6 /usr/local/lib/libXext.so.6.old
cp /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 /usr/local/lib/
After that everything works fine and the server started with no errors. Since this is not a "pretty" solution, I thought I'd ask for some help here. Is there any other way of letting the server know which file to use? After all, I'll never know when I'll be needing that original file in /usr/local/lib/.

Thanks in advance!