View Single Post
Old 15th November 2009
Spam Deminer

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies.

As mentioned before, I have three personal websites and might add one or two more and prefer to run on my own hardware. That being the case I was looking at OpenBSD as my platform. MySQL is my database for two sites and I run a caching-only name server on the server currently.

Since this is personal only I want to run the database and domains on one server. My current platform in OpenSolaris with network virtualization (Crossbow) and zones. Currently I have an nginx reverse proxy that is redirected from ipf. Each domain is in a separate zone. I'm using ipf because OpenSolaris doesn't support pf. I did have VirtualBox running an OpenBSD guest but then when I tried to upgrade to the newest version of VirtualBox I couldn't start any guests, and when I attempted to go back to the previous version, I still couldn't get any guests to run. So I'm moving to another platform and would like to use OpenBSD.

It seems that using Apache virtual hosts would be the way to go, or would it be possible to chroot nginx and then chroot each domain?