View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th June 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default Load balancing cluster.

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if what I'm gonna ask is too complex or possible to do, but here it is: I'm trying to create a load balance cluster but I really don't know where to start.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I want to create a load balance cluster for shared hosting. I work for a company where we have multiple shared hosting servers, but of course we can't have all of the customer in one single server, so once a server has enough customers, we have to use new hardware and also buy a new cpanel license (which isn't very cheap).

So my boss asked me if there's any way to create a cluster with multiple servers that will pretty much act as if it is a super computer. And by doing something like that we would only need one cpanel license and all we had to do was just add more servers to the cluster once we got more customers coming. This would pretty much be multiple servers working together as one super computer.

Here are my questions: What king of software/application would I need to use to develop something like that? Do you guys know of any how-to article that will teach me to develop a load balancing cluster?

Any help on this will be very appreciated!

P.S. This doesn't need to created using just *BSD. If you guys know this cluster implementation using linux (CentOS to be specific) I would be happy to know about it.

Thanks in advance!