View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th July 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default found some peculiar pkgs while cleaning up my port directories

I also found this when I decided to clean up the "w-pkg directories" and update/get the ports tree:

# cvs -qd anoncvs@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs get -rOPENBSD_4_5 -P ports
? ports/databases/p5-Tie-DBI
U ports/databases/p5-Tie-DBI/Makefile
U ports/databases/p5-Tie-DBI/distinfo
U ports/databases/p5-Tie-DBI/pkg/DESCR
U ports/databases/p5-Tie-DBI/pkg/PLIST
? ports/devel/avr/libc
U ports/devel/avr/libc/Makefile
U ports/devel/avr/libc/distinfo
U ports/devel/avr/libc/pkg/DESCR
U ports/devel/avr/libc/pkg/PLIST

From the Manpage's CVS(1):

? file file is in your working directory, but does not
correspond to anything in the source repository,
and is not in the list of files for cvs to
ignore (see the description of the -I option).

IIRC, I haven't touched anything that requires the BDI/Berkely Database thus far, unless OPENBSD, GNOME, or FIREFOX required it...I've worked with ORACLE before; and pulled the BDI port to study it later. Is "avr" in -CURRENT? That's for the Flash/Microprocessor programming tool avrdude, right?

My box's USB drives were working fine while I was using Linux/BSD LiveCDs prior to installing OBSD. Considering that my /var/log/messages are registering USB drive inserts and extractions as device errors; and a Flash/Microprocessor Programming pkg may be installed in a manner outside the basic parameters of the -STABLE ports tree directories (? and U), I've some questions here.

Readers: Don't mean to "jump the gun"; but if you think it's strange, please post or private msg me. This is my home office/work box; and I'm also a Plaintiff against an ex-employer (software company), so if this isn't a hack via the web, someone could have broke in overnight or when I'm away. Paranoid? No way - I've even had directories that contained Legal documents and Police / Congressional Letters deleted. Lovely people, whomever is doing this.