View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th February 2013
More illiterate than you.

Default No link....... sleeping

And it's really frustrating, I can't work out why, what am I missing?
(I can connect to WEP networks just fine, I can scan and find the WPA2 network, every other device in my home can connect to the WPA2 network.)

I am using the wpi firmware that I downloaded from the wpi man page (I can't post links). It works fine for WEP, but I can't get it to work for WPA2 - it is supported according to the man page
Quote:
The wpi driver can be configured to use Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) or Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK).

I use
Quote:
#ifconfig wpi0 nwid AWESOME wpakey AWESOMEST up //I just changed to the BSSID value that ifconfig scan gives me when trying to connect to my homenetwork (end result is the same though).
#dhclient wpi0
to try and connect to the WPA network, and I get no errors except that 'no link..... sleeping' message. I can see the network when doing a 'ifconfig wpi0 scan'

'dmesg' gives
Quote:
wpi0 at pci12 dev 0 function 0 "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG" rev 0x02: msi, MoW2, address 00:19:d2:75:cf:98
and when running 'ifconfig wpi0' I get

Quote:
wpi0: flags=<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lladdr 00:19:d2:75:cf:98
priority: 4
groups: wlan
media: IEEE802.11 autoselect
ieee80211: nwid""
btw, ifconfig wpi0 scan gives
Quote:
nwid BLA<1221> chan 1 bssid NUMBERS 42db 54M privacy, short slottime
After trying to connect with the above mentioned I get

Quote:
wpi0: flags=<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lladdr 00:19:d2:75:cf:98
priority: 4
groups: wlan
media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (autoselect mode 11a)
ieee80211: nwid NUMBERS wpakey SHITTHATWASALOTOFNUMBERS wpaprotos wpa1,wpa2 wpaakms psk wpaciphers tkip,ccmp wpagroupcipher tkip
What am I missing, doing wrong?