View Single Post
Old 19th August 2015
parrot

Ok, thanks,
Quote:
About the DHCP problem, that must be an unrelated issue?
I don't know, my hopes are it isn't, it tries the DHCP, first automaticly when it boots, but
in the manual, (don't have the link handy, I think in one of my previous posts it is there), any way I did read that the device is supported,
Quote:
It's probably worth it to test the other three control lines to see if they also appear to respond to modem AT commands
Actually I did do that, at the start of this, and the other 3 did not respond,.. When I was reading the things on , dhclient(8) , and also I did see some mention of maybe needing to make a "hostname.if" file, this is something I have not done,( I thought it was not needed)
but maybe it is,
Quote:
There must be something we're missing.
I think so, I don't mind looking for a "needle in the haystack", but I was concerened, it almost sounded like maybe it simply is not possible, in which case, that would be like "looking for a needle in the haystack," but there is no needle, there,...this afternoon, the "signal" is very poor, so I don't think I am
going to be able to do much, it just barely connected and is using the gprs (edge), actually shows 00% as the signal strength, not a good time to try, cause it is likely not to connect even if I get it right.
Thanks , a bunch, .. anyway, if and when we solve this, we'll have something that other using broadband devices can use,as well.