View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
New User

Default Network Administration with FreeBSD 7

From the authors website:

Quote:
Network Administration with FreeBSD 7 is the book that I have been working on for past year. And now it is published by Packt and is available for purchase from various bookstores.

This book is something that I have book looking for since I started with FreeBSD back in 1997. I needed a practical book with working examples of how to optimize your FreeBSD installation for various types of applications. And I never found that book, until I recently decided to write one.

"Network Administration with FreeBSD 7" is unique in several ways:

* I tried to cover the exciting new features and improvements introduced in FreeBSD 7

* It is full of tips and tricks on how to optimize your installation from optimizing disk I/O, network, virtual memory, etc.

* It covers IPv4 and IPv6 configuration as well and bridging and routing in FreeBSD

* It has working examples of different IPSec, GRE, PPP and GIF scenarios

* I tried to cover Jail virtualization in working real world examples

* Keeping your system up to date and customizing system for specific applications is thoroughly covered

I tried to stop telling stories in the book and give more real world examples instead, so reading this book would not make you smile ;-)
Review (So far):
Very good reference for seasoned admins or those wanting to delve deeper in to FreeBSD. You can start utilizing topics right out of the box.