View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th June 2010
Port Guard

Thanks, guys, for the input and suggestions. I know that I need to upgrade the v4.8_EOL FreeBSD to (at least) v7+ . . .and I will ASAP. BTW, foolish me regarding the CVSUP tag=RELENG_7 thing . . .that was a holdover from years gone back. My Catch-22 is that I need some things to work on the v4.8 box ASAP, and I'm still configuring the backup box running Apache v2.2.11 on FreeBSD v7.2. (on this latter system, I also need to bring up BIND 9+ and sendmail, et.al.)

I have Apache v2.2.4 running on the FreeBSD v4.8_EOL box and SSL is sort of working; however, the Apache make . . .yada yada yada did not like the -DWITH_SUEXEC or -DWITH_CGID; therefore, I've had to comment_out LoadModule suexec_module libexec/apache22/mod_suexec.so and LoadModule cgid_module libexec/apache22/mod_cgid.so in the httpd.conf file -- the *.so objects apparently were not created in ./libexec/apache22. Regardless, I am satisfied that I may be dealing with idiosyncrasies of the older versions of FreeBSD and Apache; however, I do have a question regarding the upgrade from Apache v2.0 to v2.2.4 and v2.2.11 that presents on both v2.2.+ systems. I think for the benefit of other forum users, I should start a new thread . . .perhaps Apache v2.0 vs. v2.2+ with SSL.

Thanks again,
RW