View Single Post
Old 27th July 2009
Shell Scout

Okay let me start over.

My issue has nothing to do with an error message or crashing per-say.

I'm talking about having PPPoE reconnect automatically when there is no connection already made.

Example: I reset my interfaces /etc/netsh or pull the ethernet cable out temporarily and put it back, something that would result in losing the physical connection. I find that PPPoE does not regain it's connection. "redial the connection once the -path- is restored"

If, on say a router, I were to pull the ethernet cable and put it back after a short while the connection to the internet would be restored. (assuming there was nothing preventing the connection) -I would like the same scenario to occur on OpenBSD.

Also I have noticed PF fails when I reboot my system. I believe this is because TUN is not up yet. Would there be a way to work around this? Or do I have to put all my ext_if with ($ext_if)?

Regarding specifying the route.
I've tried many combination's of the below

Code:
set ifaddr myip gateway 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.0
I always seem to be left with no connection. (PPP does run fine though) I do seem to get the correct IP without the line and the internet does work when omitting the line. However the gateway tends to be somewhat randomly assigned. I was told from my ISP that I should be connecting to a particular one (since the IP is static) and I would like to try it since my connection seems rather pour since switching from my hardware appliance to OpenBSD.

Hope that helps!
Thanks!