Thread: Unix Popularity
View Single Post
Old 6th July 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnz View Post
So what can you make on Windows that you can't with OS X? (I am just wondering.)
An .EXE

But seriously, in regards to how popular UNIX is, I like FreeBSD a lot.

Sure, you can make arguments that apples are better than bananas (They're not, BTW.) but people are ALWAYS going to argue.

It's nothing to get excited about. I was born in 1986, Didn't start using FreeBSD until probably 5-6 years ago, back in my high school days. I think it quite suits my needs on a system that is powerful enough to run Vista without a hitch.

I run into a program that I cannot run on FreeBSD. Do I troll the forums until everybody knows my anguish? Do I rend the shirt from my chest and scream into the night?

Yes, but for other reasons (don't worry, they're equally asinine.)

I've got about a hundred (i.e. 9) PCs here from various upgrades over the last 10 years. 1 runs FreeBSD, one runs OpenSuSE, 2 run Windows and the others are just sitting there collecting dust.

Variety is the spice of life!

The most important thing to remember is that computers can be coerced into talking with eachother. It's by no means impossible to run what you want to run and still accomplish things.

Unless you run your mouth :O.

I find it amusing that no one is here to offend anyone and you still have the moderators gunning for you :O Just remember, if they get a taste for human blood, none of us are safe!