View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th January 2009
Port Guard

Default Trying to Debug C++ Compile Error [Shibboleth] on FreeBSD

Hey all, for the past week or so I've been trying to build Shibboleth-2.1 on our FreeBSD box. It's not officially supported, and the only port is for Shibboleth-1.3, which is marked as "broken."

I've been able to get all the dependencies to compile (after some struggling) but now I'm running into a compile error with Shibboleth.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Code:
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'void shibsp::TCPListener::setup_tcp_sockaddr(shibsp::sockaddr_in*) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:124: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'shibsp::sockaddr_in' 
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:125: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:73: error: forward declaration of 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:126: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:73: error: forward declaration of 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:127: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::bind(int&, bool) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:144: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::connect(int&) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:170: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::accept(int&, int&) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:194: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
gmake[3]: *** [TCPListener.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1/shibsp'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1/shibsp'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
You can see the config.log here: http://dev.emu.uoregon.edu/~tristan/config.log

I have some programming experience, but almost none in C++, so I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what's wrong. I was hoping one of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

If all else fails I'll try installing the Shibboleth-2.1 RPM in Linux compatibility mode, but I'm so close to getting this compiled and installed that I'd really like to get it working.

Thanks!