Thread: Memory limit
View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th February 2011
Jaax

In the source of the kernel, we have the possibility to limit the max size of physical memory.

Code:
options         PHYSMEM_MAX_SIZE=3072   # max size of physical memory (in MB)
But, when i want to recompile the new kernel, i have this error :

Code:
#   compile  MYKERNEL/machdep.o
cc -mcmodel=kernel -mno-red-zone -ffreestanding -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -std=gnu99 -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror -Wall -Wno-main -Wno-format-zero-length -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unreachable-code -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-attributes -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Werror -Damd64 -Dx86_64 -I. -I../../../../../common/include -I../../../../arch -I../../../.. -nostdinc -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=64 -D_KERNEL -D_KERNEL_OPT -I../../../../lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/quad -I../../../../lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/string -I../../../../lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/arch/x86_64/string -I../../../../external/isc/atheros_hal/dist -I../../../../external/isc/atheros_hal/ic -I../../../../../common/include -I../../../../dist/ipf -c ../../../../arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
../../../../arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c: In function 'add_mem_cluster':
../../../../arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c:1248: warning: implicit declaration of function 'MBTOB'
How can i do to remove this warning ?

Thanks