View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th March 2011
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by J65nko View Post
The book is a gentle introduction to pf. The details about set loginterface and why it is useful, can be found in the pf.conf(5) manual page.
Found it, understood it. There's so much information and really with so much reading, a starter may be confused. I hope in some time (and with more reading) I'll be able to understand most of these rules. Practice, practice, practice...

After all, I'm already able to do everything I did with other operating systems with OpenBSD and I'm happy. It completely took over my Desktop.

Quote:
If you follow my advice, you will see the blocked packets, the protocol (tcp or udp) and the port number in the tcpdump on pflog0 xterm.
If you don't want pf to block this type of packets, then you have all the information to create an additional rule that will allow this kind of traffic.
I see them all now. I can't thank you and all the other members enough for all the information you're providing.

Quote:
Instead of giving hungry Daffy a fish, I am just trying to teach how to fish by yourself
The part with the "fish" was the best.