View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008
New User

Exclamation HTML is null

Hey there guys, I happened to try and explain HTML the best I could on a different forum, i hope you enjoy and feel free to correct me

Quote:
HTML is not programming and any who think so should be de-moted, HTML is a document standard like .doc, .docx, .xml and .pdf which in turn makes text and it's layout pretty, there are no functions, procedures, nor loops to make it a programming language for work by the CPU; and HTML is only really used by the rendering engine in your web browser, the CPU drives the browser, programmed applications whether compiled or interpreted use the CPU either directly or indirectly by a virtual-machine anyway so you may THINK it overlaps there to enable the possibility of "Hello World!".

Shell scripting is useful to create intricate ways for other applications to be strung together to do useful work. Python is nice too for some cases, even though I hated python previously ( like all interpreted languages as I'm a compilation kinda guy [ Ada, C/C++] ) but Haskell and Erlang are also pretty awesome considering functional programming .
(but please do remember your experience in HTML is ~useless considering programming), Have fun!