View Single Post
Old 29th January 2012
bsdstudent

Hi Ocicat !
the exact content of /etc/hostname.wi0 is :
dhcp NONE NONE NONE nwkey 0x1deadbeef1 chan 11

and for the router (192.168.1.1) I set the same value as preshared key which is :
0x1deadbeef1

last Q , yes , the router is set up for dhcp ..

I once avoided wpa because the wretched conceptronic router often happens to devalidate and unset the wpa option into 'none' .. I set it to factory settings many times but to no avail .. that is another issue .. so in the end I could not start wi0 working neither with wpa/wep nor open/insecurely ..
Allow me , Ocicat , to explain a point :
exposing a variety of issues at one time is not and may not be interpreted as disrespect on my behalf .. on the contrary it is full engagement and interest and I am trying to share what I have had .. it is a newbie errand .. and you -nice folk- are not obliged to answer back for each issue nor provide solution .. most of the time asking back or posting directive links may help much more than actually solving .. learning is a process and should never be a product ..
Friend Ocicat .. I'll go on using gem0 for the ibook .. at least I have my favorite OS on it .. instead of former far-fetched OSX 10.4 ..
what is amazing about OpenSD is that , apart from security and stability , it does better than most of those distros that claim to be lightweight and low-resource OSes.. namely slitaz/lubuntu/wattos/ crunchbang .. to name but a few ..
I'll continue using and learning the OpenBSD Giant .. it is an ultimate joy ..

Hi Jggimi ! thanks for clarification .. I tried it open first but failed .. no link ....... sleeping

Last edited by daemonfowl; 29th January 2012 at 12:28 AM.