Thread: Greetings!
View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th December 2009
Port Guard

Default Greetings!

Hello everybody!

I have beautiful 4.6-current installation with Gnome, OpenOffice, Seamonkey etc.
Couple of times I've rebuilt kernel and world but after last ports update I've noticed Gnome2-2.28 in ports (I still have 2.24) and then my troubles have begun. I've seen this: daemonforums.org//showthread.php?t=4022
so: I got both sources and ports with cvsup from -current some time before 4.6 release and update them having default tag=. in supfiles.
I also have PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/
in ~/.profile and /root/.profile
In general I had lots of outdated packages and I managed to update them with pkg_add -ui but Gnome cannot be updated so easily. "Can't install, can't install..." I tried one by one without luck. I tried to update main packages first and found out that I cannot update glib2 and dbus for instance and everything else depend on them. I tried to compile glib2 from source - no luck, I tried to delete the package first and then build but it cannot be deleted because everything depend on it And I have very similar (if not identical) "error1/stop" output shown in the thread mentioned above.
So, how to deal with glib2, dbus and similar "monters" on OpenBSD? Is there a "portupgrade" or similar tool on OpenBSD that deals with dependencies?