View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th February 2014
OpenBSD language porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I am sure you do
I am decades older than you think I am; spare me your sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
When you get in my age you will learn not to work with imaginary software or file systems for that mater. Folks at the moment of writing this post HAMMER2 (with exception of tiny pieces) doesn't exist in reality except in the head of Matt Dillon. Consequently it can't be ported to OpenBSD. Porting Hammer to OpenBSD which actually exists would be really nice.
The opening statement contains what is called an ad hominem attack (succinctly: you accuse me of being a child, therefore I do not know how things work), and it is incredibly stupid on your part considering you do not know who I am. The irony of course is that which you accuse me of is an exact match to your behavior. To save yourself further embarrassment, please refrain from such attacks in the future.

Now, onto adult conversation:
HAMMER1 is very tightly integrated into DragonFly, so much so that untangling HAMMER1 from DFly is probably too much of a task. HAMMER2 can still be brought in piece by piece: a much less herculean task.

Since you're the one who brought it up and since you clearly did not understand my reply, I'll make it more direct: why don't you start porting HAMMER1 to OpenBSD? That's even more "permanent good" than telling someone else to. I'll even personally review your code. Please reread this post. It applies to things in base too, not just ports.