Thread: Iridium Browser
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2018
parrot

I am pretty good at drifting off topic my self, I could use a cable to connect the laptop but don't have one at this time,... so any way,...
And actually I am not sure this is even related to Iridium either, that may just be a coincidence that I happened to be using Iridium when it started happening.
I am using Iridium again now and it seems fine.
Quote:
It's hard to give more specific suggestions without knowing your setup
The details on the hardware, installation are here:
http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=174#post64828
A big factor, and I suspect this is the cause, seems like as long as I do not have any VM's running, everything runs fine, including the Iridium browser... But if I have a VM (QEMU) running, that is when it starts acting up. I recently increased the Ram on the VMs, and that seems to be a big factor. Never had this problem with any browsers before I increased the ram on the VM's. With the VM not running, I can not even come close to duplicating the problem,... so after all said and done, I should start a new topic
on this, if I think I need to, probably the solution is to run the VM with a lower amount of ram, or just not run it when I am online... sorry about that.
In any event , I am pretty sure the iridium browser has nothing to do with this. I shut the VM off , and everything is running smoothly, no errors in the console, etc.