View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st June 2009
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by revzalot View Post
...I assume you did an OpenBSD netinstall.
No.

I first downloaded (ftp) the "install45.iso" (i386/32-bit) to the Vista host. Then, in VirtualBox, in the openBSD guest's CD/DVD-ROM settings, you enable "Mount the CD/DVD Drive," and enable "ISO Image File," and path to install45.iso.

When you "start" the openBSD guest (virtual machine), it will "boot" the install45.iso just as if this were physical CD-ROM media in a real physical CD-ROM drive on a real physical machine. (It's very striaght forward.)

From there you just follow the install as if it were from the CD-ROM, including all the distro sets.

You can also do a half-and-half by downloading and "booting" "cd45.iso" (instead of install45.iso) and then getting the "rest" of any needed sets over the net.

install45.iso is the whole works. cd45.iso is a skinny boot-only image. If you're on high-speed broadband, get install45.iso; it's just the easiest, especially if you end up wrestling with openBSD/VirtualBox.

/S