View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd June 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsdnewbie View Post
Hi there i'm new to the forum and OBSD in general...
Welcome!
Quote:
i'm hoping to drop two or three distro installs for OBSD...
As a difference in both terminology & culture, the Linux community uses the word "distro" given that everyone uses the same kernel with differences only in userland & configuration. The *BSD world doesn't use this same terminology. Given that the *BSD projects coordinate everything together -- kernel + userland -- the term used in this culture is more "system".
Quote:
Is the list for this report also dmesg@ or there's another list for panics, similar to linux?
No. The following link will give all information you will need to report this upstream:

http://www.openbsd.org/report.html

While I understand that putting together a good problem report takes time, I would recommend providing information for both 5.1-release & the snapshot used (including dmesg(8) from the snapshot...). As the dmesg(8) from OpenBSD 5.1-release states, -release was tagged in CVS mid-February. Development on -current (& your snapshot if it is recent...) has continued for another ~3.5 months. The project developers will be more interested in the results with the snapshot used than -release.

Last edited by ocicat; 2nd June 2012 at 06:27 PM.