View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th April 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barti View Post
But when I try to prove to people that openbsd is superior to linux in terms of security I have troubles.
"Proving" any sort of superiority to others is a waste of time. Security isn't a question of "my OS is better than your OS". The real question is how well do you as an administrator understand the underlying issues & what are you doing to minimize the risks? Security is attained through process, not by putting blind faith into unknown software.

Don't expect to master these topics quickly. Fluency comes with lots of study & pondering the more important questions.
Quote:
I really don't understand whats the point of using openbsd with dynamic content like drupal or joomla.
This appears to be an important question to you. I would suggest you spend time researching the subject. Research what measures Drupal, Joomla, or whatever software you choose offers. Better locations for study include the projects' mailing lists. The underlying problems you face are hard, & the answers you look for will not always be clear. Depending on where you go, the advice & opinions you will get may be contradictory. Your goal is to attain sufficient knowledge & background such that you can ferret out what is unimportant from that which is important.

Again, this knowledge will not be attained quickly. You will not find a definitive answer at a single site. You need to read a great deal & put significant time into research & planning. Thinking will be required.