View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2008
Port Guard

Default Got to boot screen

Thanks for the reply. Although it still tried several times at "acd1:attempt to query, etc." and then "acd: failure." It did not restart, though, as it did previously but now I got to the boot screen and proceeded toward the install screen. I had been hoping to install it on a 50 gb partition on a 320 gb SATA2 hard drive. It listed two other 40 gb "drives." I forget the terminology it used. They were referred to as "remote" or "usb" or something like that, but I don't think they had to do with that drive, possibly the IDE drive, I'm not sure I am using another 50 gb partition for Vista64 and the rest of the drive for a backup image of the primary SATA2 hard drive. Unfortunately, the software only sees the whole drive as though it was a single partition (305 gb) I have no option to choose the smaller specific partition. I had only one sata drive connected because I planned to access it along with Vista 64 via BIOS. I know that's not the proper procdure but that's the way I've been doing it. Did I do something else wrong for it not to see the partitions I previously made?