View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th May 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpindy View Post
Let me know what you think and if I should adjust or change anything in any of the new ones.
The purpose for posting GNOME or XFCE screenshots is only to convey that common window managers (crutches... ) are available on OpenBSD. But it is also worth pointing out that other alternatives exist -- cwm being one of them. Personally, I think have screenshots of both have value.
Quote:
JWM...
I suspect the point of having some xdm-like login screen shown is to again show something uniquely found in the OpenBSD environment. For a Wikipedia article, give them their eye candy. Those who understand OpenBSD will see beyond it. These types of articles aren't really designed for seasoned OpenBSD users anyways.
Quote:
Updating the usage survey graph near the top of the wiki might also be useful if a more recent survey has been/can be done.
While I agree with the intent of this statement, I tend to doubt there are more current statistics, although anyone updating such an article needs to do the due diligence of confirming/updating.

OpenBSD is an operating system by experienced engineers for experienced engineers. While anyone is welcomed to use it, the community is neither large enough nor really cares to spoonfeed those that don't get it. While this may seem unfriendly or cold, it simply is reality.