View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Actually I did You can read the answer.

http://www.4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3133

If I was NetBSD developer that would be probably the fastest way for NetBSD to get serious audio support. The only thing now remaining is to
get a NetBSD developer interested in actual work.
Propably as usual with NetBSD, lack of man power, but they do great job with such small team anyway.

Maybe they already work on their own (prolably ultra light/simple) implementation of live in kernel mixed OSS based on both FreeBSD and/or OSS4, that would be best idea/sollution, but OSS4 worked on OpenSolaris really well for me, default OSS @ FreeBSD even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
OpenBSD is little bit specific case due to the security consideration but porting OSSv4 has been discussed on misc about a half year ago. Actually, I will check again.
This should not be such serious case IMHO, similar thing happened with kqemu accelration module, while OpenBSD does not support loadable modules, they can link modules before boot, so OSS4 should also work with this IMHO.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd