View Single Post
Old 6th February 2010
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J65nko View Post
Does a reporter in Haiti agree with the earthquake?
Haha, well, maybe I didn't formulate my question very well, my question was whether you were reporting your opinion by proxy, of if you were just reporting some quotes ... It would seem the last was the case

Quote:
Even if indentation could be preserved in a cut-and-paste operation, rarely is the target at the same indentation level as the original. Additional fussing has to be spent lining everything appropriately to be syntactically correct. Having worked on large Python projects, copying code is not as trivial as it should be.
I never had any problems copying the TAB characters, come to think of it, that may be due to the fact I mostly copy my code inside Vim tabs and almost never from xterm to xterm.
But yeah, if you copy a post from a different level then that won't work work of course ... I haven't worked on any large projects, but Vim deals with this pretty well IMO (Using < and > with visual mode for example) ... But yeah, I can understand this can be a problem, Python isn't perfect.