View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th March 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by J65nko View Post
Does the HL-2032 appear in the driver directory of apsfilter ( /etc/apsfilter/basedir/driver) ?
well no, but 2030 family is suported by hl1240 and that actually appears to exist. So does hl1250.

Also openprinting.org had a PPD file for hl1024 wich I downloaded and used with cups, all went ok, test pages printed out ok, but after a reboot of the bsd box nothing worked and I had to retrace my steps, reproduce the errors I thought I made.... etc; long story short it doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
He needs to make sure that has the latest version of Ghostscript
I have installed GhostScript8-nox11.

Code:
gs -h
yup, hl1240 and hl1250 appear to be in the list

Quote:
The easiest way is as you said to use apsfilter and select particular
device driver which I told you.
Acting uppon this I installed GS8 and apsfilter 7 (latest versions of these 2 apps). Now, when i run SETUP script for apsfilter it tells me it found GS8 and that I should upgrade to at least version 6 and gives me a choice to continue, but must install GS7 first, or exit. will look into this later. Am simply laying out where I stand with this problem of mine.

Quote:
The other way would be to use the script
that comes with Ghostscript to create input filter and then to edit printcap
file with a location of it.
maybe....

Quote:
This would be helpful reading

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...d.html#AEN1106
yup, will start reading it again, as will I do with all of the printing pages of the manual...again

Quote:
The reason that he didn't get anything by sending things with echo is probably that he didn't replace lpr from LPD with lpr from cups which is
unnecessary to begin with.
aha, your right, didn't do that...

Quote:
Secondly he needs to do testing with

Code:
lptest >/dev/ulpt0
well, that doesn't work just yet, but I espect it to be normal as I have not configured a darn thing, just installed GS and apsfilter.

Quote:
which will work only if his printer can print ASCII code out of box.
That is very likely as those cheap Brothers are actually good printers.
well, good or bad it has never failed me fo far

Thanks for all of your answers, and sorry it took me so long to answer but for some reason I received no mail that someone posted in this thread.
Now that it's morning it's time for me to go to bed, and sleep the day off. Will start reading and testing stuff latter this day and will keep you posted.