View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th July 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pttymuth View Post
I would really like to post the link to that Squid+SslBump but since I've less than 5 posts, the forum rules won't allow me to post links.
Welcome!

Although we have automated the five post limit as a spam preventative, Administrators watch most posts of newcomers, & will silently enable link activation if it is clear that the poster has community-oriented intentions. Your account has already been modified.

We recognize that instituting this five post limit can be annoying for newcomers, but it is lifted after the fifth post. Spam has been a significant problem on vBulletin-based form sites, & this is the less than optimal solution we have settled upon.
Quote:
Wondering if this post could be mirrored on the FreeBSD / NetBSD security forum areas.
While I understand your point, creating a Unix-style link in vBulletin is not possible. Duplication would be a far more confusing solution as thread continuity would be lost. A better solution is to move the thread to a *BSD-neutral subforum (which I have done...).
Quote:
Hopefully an Administrator can comment.
Done.