DE Forging (Openbox)
OK amigos. Here we go.
At last I got rid of XFCE which have been getting on my nerves for a while.
Currently I stick with Openbox and I like it a lot.
But. There is some "handicraft" to be done. I'm completing my environment with small but useful applications. I list some of them below, and I'll gladly accept any useful suggestion. Please express your opinions.
1. Panel. I have fbpanel and pypanel installed and currently experimenting with the former. It's alright but has one annoying bug with firefox. E.G. I open two tabs, for example "gmail" and "daemonforums". When I switch between them the name of the tab on the task bar doesn't change. I'm reading the forum, but it still shows "Gmail - inbox"
2. Note-taking application. I have notecase and zim installed.
3. Clipboard manipulating application. I really got used to xfce clipboard plugin, but currently I don't want to have anything to do with xfce, gnome or kde. Is there any DE independent application of that kind?
4. Taking screenshots. Same as above.
5. Keyboard layout indicator. This is quite important. I type in three languages, and need every single window to remember it's layout, not to mention the indication of it. (I know that windowmaker has such function but there is no way for me to use it )
Hm... seems like enough for the first round .
As I mentioned I'll be glad to hear any opinion or suggestion.