DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default phpPgAdmin login failed

I think I've tried all the options from the various man pages and tutorials, but still get login failed. I always use psql, but wanted to see how this front end looks like.
Running on OpenBSD 4.3 macppc
Reply With Quote
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,431
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phppgadmin+login+failed
Reply With Quote
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I did that too, really, and looked at them all (until page 10+), but still cannot work it out (also, the sourceforge page does not open).
Sometimes I feel quite stupid, I'll better look at it when I'll be less tired.
Thank you anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,431
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

I was just being silly, but the very first hit is the phppgadmin FAQ, and the first question in the FAQ tells you that you must compile PostgreSQL support into PHP, or bring it in as a dynamic pgsql.so extension.

Since you hadn't provided any information, I don't know if this applies or not. Does it?
Reply With Quote
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

oh well I don't know...
I installed both from the packages and then followed these instructions:
Code:
php5-core-5.2.5p2: complete                                                 
php5-pgsql-5.2.5: complete                                                  
phpPgAdmin-3.5.5p0: complete                                                
--- php5-core-5.2.5p2 -------------------
To enable the php5 module please create a symbolic
link from /var/www/conf/modules.sample/php5.conf
to /var/www/conf/modules/php5.conf.

ln -s /var/www/conf/modules.sample/php5.conf \
	/var/www/conf/modules

The recommended php configuration has been installed
to /var/www/conf/php.ini.
 
Don't forget that the default OpenBSD httpd is chrooted
into /var/www by default, so you may need to create support
directories such as /var/www/tmp for PHP to work correctly.
--- php5-pgsql-5.2.5 -------------------
You can enable this module by creating a symbolic
link from /var/www/conf/php5.sample/pgsql.ini to
/var/www/conf/php5/pgsql.ini.

ln -fs /var/www/conf/php5.sample/pgsql.ini \
	/var/www/conf/php5/pgsql.ini

--- phpPgAdmin-3.5.5p0 -------------------
The phpPgAdmin has been installed into /var/www/phpPgAdmin

You should point this to the DocumentRoot of your web-server:
   # ln -s ../phpPgAdmin /var/www/htdocs/phpPgAdmin
(make sure you use a relative symlink since Apache is chrooted)

You can ensure you have a working install by accessing:
http://<localhost>/phpPgAdmin/index.php

You need to modify /var/www/phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php according
to your database(s) settings
and by the way, I have this in /var/www/logs/error_log:
Code:
[Mon Mar 16 22:38:13 2009] [error] PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(/tmp//sess_gsp5afbaoq3u0qo8lu9lpbkqa0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
[Mon Mar 16 22:38:13 2009] [error] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0
Reply With Quote
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,431
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

I believe I have this application installed and operational on one of my systems. I will examine its configuration once I have access to the machine, in about 8 hours.

Meanwhile, take the time to confirm:

If you are using Unix sockets rather than TCP loopback, ensure your socket file resides within the /var/www chroot. (I use TCP loopback, so I don't have this concern.)

Be sure these exist:
/var/www/conf/php5/pgsql.ini
/var/www/htdocs/phpPgAdmin
/var/www/tmp
Review the contents of pgsql.ini, also.
Reply With Quote
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post

If you are using Unix sockets rather than TCP loopback, ensure your socket file resides within the /var/www chroot. (I use TCP loopback, so I don't have this concern.)
ehm, how do I check this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Be sure these exist:
/var/www/conf/php5/pgsql.ini
/var/www/htdocs/phpPgAdmin
/var/www/tmp
Review the contents of pgsql.ini, also.
I have all of these
Reply With Quote
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,431
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha View Post
ehm, how do I check this?
Your PostgreSQL server configuration files: if you followed the Readme.OpenBSD when you installed postgresql-server, they would be in /var/postgresql/data.

See Chapter 18 of your PostgreSQL documentation for configuration assistance. Here's a link to the online version: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/
Reply With Quote
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th March 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,431
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

My apologies, I have pgadmin3 installed, not phppgadmin.
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is it the "listen to adresses"? I have it to 127.0.0.1
No problem, somehow I'll work it out
Thanks anyway
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

got in, I had to edit /var/www/phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php (I pointed to my local ip)
Only, once in, I cannot use it, because I'm cursed with a mac ppc, and there is no java support for this architecture, and the web page to browse my database uses javascripts.
Actually, this is a question I long wanted to ask: why most web pages now are full of javascripts? And why is it what without it you cannot browse the web page? Are they things html cannot do? Sorry if it's a bit out of topic.
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
ocicat ocicat is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 190 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha View Post
...because I'm cursed with a mac ppc, and there is no java support for this architecture, and the web page to browse my database uses javascripts.
Don't equate Java with JavaScript. They aren't the same.

Netscape originally came up with JavaScript (which syntactically does not resemble Java at all....) as a scripting language available in their browser which everyone later emulated. JavaScript is so ubiquitous today that it has been standardized under the name ECMAScript. Java does not have to be installed on a client machine in order for a browser to use JavaScript.
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default


oh well, I really need to study.
But I came to that conclusion because everytime I have problems with web pages it's because of javascripts. And this happens both with firefox and kazehakase (more with firefox, really, which crashes often). I never had this problems when my old notebook still worked (i386). But probably from what you say I'm using a lot of javascripts without noticing it, and the problem is another alltogether.
Now with phpPgAdmin I can login, and when I login I get again the login page but this time in all the three frames, if I login in the left one, I get the tree of my database, clicking on one of the databases brings me back to the login prompt (in the small frame), an guess what, the tree is in javascript.
So, I guess I'm cursed with something else...

Last edited by gosha; 17th March 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
ocicat ocicat is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 190 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha View Post
But I came to that conclusion because everytime I have problems with web pages it's because of javascripts.
You can look at the JavaScript used on any Web page by viewing the source & searching for the following text:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
This is the header designating the beginning of JavaScript actions. There may be many within a single Web page.
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009
gosha gosha is offline
Spam Deminer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: China
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeah, nothing to do with JavaScript really, I should say sorry to JavaScript.
Maybe the problem with phpPgAdmin is still a misconfiguration of mine.
As far as Firefox goes, I'm still running 4.3 because the ati driver of 4.4 for ppc is broken (remember?), but 4.4 has Firefox 3 (here is 2) which might be fixed.
Actually, I'm missing a lot w3m which is not ported to ppc. I wish I could help. but as you see from my questions I'm very far from that goal...
Thanks a lot anyway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to start X11 on login? Mantazz FreeBSD Ports and Packages 2 10th July 2009 07:27 PM
cannot login after installation ccc FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading 3 28th October 2008 11:54 AM
Login automatically map7 FreeBSD General 1 12th October 2008 11:09 PM
How to set up ssh login cssgalactic FreeBSD General 12 28th June 2008 06:00 PM
DSL auto login Weaseal FreeBSD General 3 17th June 2008 03:26 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright © 2007-2010, the authors
Daemon image copyright ©1988, Marshall Kirk McKusick