cyphertite is a high-security scalable solution for online backups. cyphertite features include:
- client-based system
- IPv6 support
- compresses and encrypts all data before transmission
- deduplicates using fixed-size pieces of data called "chunks"
- all network traffic is encrypted using openssl certificates and keys
- realm deduplication i.e. only backs up a file once if it is on N computers that share the same user account
- incremental backups for shorter backup window and smaller metadata files
- local cache database of chunks already sent to server avoids unnecessary encryption and network traffic
- pay according to storage space used, not per client machine
- demonstrable privacy of client data with open source client
The project needs more testers.
How to install cyphertite
How to configure cyphertite