In the future, I'll often need to run several VMs. I don't have any experience with virtualization, yet. With this posting, I want to investigate if FreeBSD can be used for this.
FreeBSD would run as 64bit OS on a multicore AMD machine (which I haven't bought yet).
It looks like virtualbox is my only (reasonable) choice on FreeBSD.
- Does everything work out of the box, e.g. usb, sound, networking, drag and drop?
- What is the performance loss? Can I watch youtube videos on a somewhat modern computer?
- It is my limited understanding that virtual box can use VMWARE images as well. Is this correct?
- Can I create images from an installation iso with virtual box?
- Can I use virtualbox images under VMWARE as well?
Is there a reason why I shouldn't run Virtual box on FreeBSD?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Other VirtualBox 4.0.0 Beta 1 released||vermaden||News||2||7th December 2010 11:07 AM|
|VirtualBox late info||sharris||FreeBSD General||4||31st October 2010 09:15 PM|
|Virtualbox with Windows||tetrodozombie||OpenBSD General||2||15th August 2010 04:51 AM|
|FreeBSD 7.2 and VirtualBox||DNAeon||FreeBSD Ports and Packages||12||6th July 2009 02:33 PM|
|VirtualBox||DrJ||FreeBSD Ports and Packages||6||18th May 2009 03:46 AM|