OpenBSD 4.5 and wireless connection
This is my first posting, I'll try to get all the relevant information here. Recently installed OpenBSD as part of a dual boot system with XP on an ancient Compaq R3000. It has a Broadcom wireless transmitter thing. After going though many related postings, man pages and adjusting files -- the computer can now sucessfully ping the DHCP router. The router is set to use WEP. Computer will not establish an ongoing connection for internet access. When trying to connect the computer pauses then displays "bwi0: no link...... sleeping". Internet connection works fine with XP. I haven't made any progress beyond this in the past two days and am hoping someone could point me in a useful direction to get internet connection while running OpenBSD.
A couple additional questions...
1. Would it be better to install 4.9 instead of trying to upgrade from 4.5 --> 4.6 --> 4.7 --> 4.8? Might this have the same connection problem?
2. Should I purchase a USB wireless connector and bypass the Broadcom?
Several files attached from my installation:
1. dhcpd.conf.txt.zip -- zipped print-out of dhcpd.conf
2. dhclient.conf.txt -- print-out of dhclient.conf
3. hostname.bwi0.txt -- print-out of hostname.bwi0, originally only "dhcp" but it has been added to in the hopes of making the connection (no difference whatsoever)
4. hostname.rl0.txt -- print-ot of hostname.rl0, I thought this was the wireless connection at first and so edited it
5. ping.txt -- print-out of ping to the router
6. NOTE: there are no "bridge.xxx" files... should they exist in this set-up?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Working dial-up connection - No Client Connection||vigol||FreeBSD General||5||22nd November 2009 10:59 PM|
|Openbsd 4.5 network connection timeout||andrewm||OpenBSD General||4||11th September 2009 02:32 AM|
|Wireless Network Loses Connection||JMJ_coder||NetBSD General||5||17th February 2009 09:14 PM|
|Openbsd 4.3 ar5006eg wireless||r420r||OpenBSD General||18||18th May 2008 08:26 PM|
|KDE app for easy Wireless connection||coppermine||FreeBSD Ports and Packages||4||17th May 2008 07:33 PM|