Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th March 2014
Shell Scout

Default Why am I even trying?

Before you answer...
I am homeless. I share my clothes, food, food stamps, computers, time, and such with others. I work for my money. I pay taxes. I am honest about what I earn. I do not screw people over. I volunteer at a soup kitchen because I feel that they deserve it for helping me with showering and such.
I help others when I can and I do not charge for my services. People give me computers to help others. I fix them up and give to those who need it.

It takes a greater effort for me to do things because my resources are limited but, they can be done.

What I have learned is:
1. The different parts of the Open Source community would rather bicker and complain in their individual areas than trying to work together.
2. Those with the means of helping usually don't want to because they would rather have things handed to them.
3. Most members do not realize that even someone as insignificant as me can give something worthwhile.

Many of you have lost touch with your humanity. Only a few people are responsible for accessibility technology, Vinux, braille-tty, OLPC, and such. These people started such because they actually cared and care about others.

What can be said for the remainder of you?

The truth is we have to work together in all aspects of life; but, the reality is that many of you care only for yourselves and no one else.