DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
bsdnewbie999 bsdnewbie999 is offline
Package Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 145
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jdk 1.6 build error.

Code:
>> (SHA256) jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar: OK
>> (SHA256) jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar: OK
>> (SHA256) bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2: OK
>> (SHA256) jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z: OK
>> (SHA256) xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz: FAILED
>> Checksum mismatch for xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz. (sha256)
Make sure the Makefile and checksum file (/usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you want to fetch a good copy of this
file from the OpenBSD main archive, type
"make REFETCH=true [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5 (line 1774 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5 (line 1921 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5 (line 1392 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5 (line 1890 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5 (line 1422 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.6 (line 1550 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.6 (line 1921 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.6 (line 1392 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.6 (line 1890 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.6 (line 1422 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
# exit
I downloaded the xalan file from the apache website but always got a size mismatch. I did checked openbsd packages but there's no package for java.
Please help.
Reply With Quote
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
ocicat ocicat is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,888
Thanked 190 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdnewbie999 View Post
I did checked openbsd packages but there's no package for java.
If you had read Section 8.3 of the FAQ, you would know the answer to this question as the licensing Sun has inflicted on the JDK has prevented the *BSD community from making precompiled packages available.

Sun has recently GPL'ed the JDK, but packages are not yet available -- possibly in the OpenBSD 4.4 timeframe or later.
Quote:
I downloaded the xalan file from the apache website but always got a size mismatch.
There have been a few sporadic reports on this in the past, & I have experienced this myself. I don't know what method you used to download the xalan tarball, but until the computed SHA256 value matches what is used by the Makefile, you will be unable to proceed. One alternative is to download the xalan tarball with wget. If you don't already have wget installed on your system through other package/port dependencies, it is available as a package:

http://www.openbsd.org/4.3_packages/....tgz-long.html

Last edited by ocicat; 22nd June 2008 at 08:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

1. This is not a JDK 1.6 build error. Your error is occurring in JDK 1.5. JDK 1.5 is a dependency of JDK 1.6.

2.The distinfo file for JDK 1.5 was last changed 4 months ago, it is the same distinfo file for 4.3-release and -current.

Either your distinfo file is incorrect, or the xalan tarball is damaged.

Ocicat asked you, in another thread, where you downloaded your ports tree tarball from. You did not answer the question. If your ports tree tarball came from <your nearest mirror>/pub/OpenBSD/4.3/, then you should have the correct tree.

To check if your distinfo file is correct, compare your local copy of /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5/distinfo with this:
Code:
MD5 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = bfHP2LEE3pTzhTTHsRJZlQ==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = wnB6/qJJk/DWek2vstL1yg==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = z8oaYyujzN5GpwxkgELaHg==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = kuG+5bS0y+behUGU1kf+yA==
MD5 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = 1SbQhIyIYHzk46Ck7bddUA==
RMD160 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = Nu/ITKifEeejzVFRFlYWSiLV57Y=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 1hzjZmD7YKR0cwAw1chN/A6v6bg=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = GYL9fDczn0soR1IB7lbmRputwug=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = WcFAR3Y6b9CAM/xbp/IGxYmNJVA=
RMD160 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = VCV7ypsrLPuG/Wl08Oj27CD31H8=
SHA1 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = 150R2oVimTNTDmStU6szGcYmoJA=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = f4Q7v2MKdeQHLoPHx1dGG/Jm+oc=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = gpBUyXvSiiwpuoQ26RynURBKdZw=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = TNSmGTtFJ1uqBhCF/0ppx3XLb1M=
SHA1 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = z4jlU+j6W2nfk7rgbtsplS2sWWo=
SHA256 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = lagszre6VRkOvktozTEXpJrn4ToaFPZZ4U2IEXqGcls=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 8IWKywuTRpqfdddqJilkxujpOUWhNFvP0cySOmStqvs=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = dOTtgaPeSobvlT0JgQLnl1T4YzV/rsUysqbd5+XpMG4=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = f6Ug2B7P9U2GpwWrSZiCeh1M6crx5yi65HJB0o8MubE=
SHA256 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = h4yOtu7hVRrkMMLboFQmMphW/8BBOyAX3S1O5kjFxfc=
SIZE (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = 795972
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 2211797
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 57791631
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = 86099611
SIZE (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = 13516702
Reply With Quote
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
bsdnewbie999 bsdnewbie999 is offline
Package Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 145
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
1. This is not a JDK 1.6 build error. Your error is occurring in JDK 1.5. JDK 1.5 is a dependency of JDK 1.6.

2.The distinfo file for JDK 1.5 was last changed 4 months ago, it is the same distinfo file for 4.3-release and -current.

Either your distinfo file is incorrect, or the xalan tarball is damaged.

Ocicat asked you, in another thread, where you downloaded your ports tree tarball from. You did not answer the question. If your ports tree tarball came from <your nearest mirror>/pub/OpenBSD/4.3/, then you should have the correct tree.

To check if your distinfo file is correct, compare your local copy of /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.5/distinfo with this:
Code:
MD5 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = bfHP2LEE3pTzhTTHsRJZlQ==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = wnB6/qJJk/DWek2vstL1yg==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = z8oaYyujzN5GpwxkgELaHg==
MD5 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = kuG+5bS0y+behUGU1kf+yA==
MD5 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = 1SbQhIyIYHzk46Ck7bddUA==
RMD160 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = Nu/ITKifEeejzVFRFlYWSiLV57Y=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 1hzjZmD7YKR0cwAw1chN/A6v6bg=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = GYL9fDczn0soR1IB7lbmRputwug=
RMD160 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = WcFAR3Y6b9CAM/xbp/IGxYmNJVA=
RMD160 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = VCV7ypsrLPuG/Wl08Oj27CD31H8=
SHA1 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = 150R2oVimTNTDmStU6szGcYmoJA=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = f4Q7v2MKdeQHLoPHx1dGG/Jm+oc=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = gpBUyXvSiiwpuoQ26RynURBKdZw=
SHA1 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = TNSmGTtFJ1uqBhCF/0ppx3XLb1M=
SHA1 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = z4jlU+j6W2nfk7rgbtsplS2sWWo=
SHA256 (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = lagszre6VRkOvktozTEXpJrn4ToaFPZZ4U2IEXqGcls=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 8IWKywuTRpqfdddqJilkxujpOUWhNFvP0cySOmStqvs=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = dOTtgaPeSobvlT0JgQLnl1T4YzV/rsUysqbd5+XpMG4=
SHA256 (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = f6Ug2B7P9U2GpwWrSZiCeh1M6crx5yi65HJB0o8MubE=
SHA256 (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = h4yOtu7hVRrkMMLboFQmMphW/8BBOyAX3S1O5kjFxfc=
SIZE (bsd-jdk15-patches-8.tar.bz2) = 795972
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-bin-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 2211797
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-fcs-src-b03-jrl-05_oct_2007.jar) = 57791631
SIZE (jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z) = 86099611
SIZE (xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz) = 13516702
The distinfo is same. I also used wget to download xalan but still size mismatch.
Reply With Quote
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
ocicat ocicat is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,888
Thanked 190 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdnewbie999 View Post
I also used wget to download xalan but still size mismatch.
Since you never mention what actions you have previous tried, it is difficult to help you.

Nevertheless, you could try ftp(1) assuming that you attempted downloading through HTTP.
Reply With Quote
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

You could also save the file from any web browser.

Since you seem unable to obtain the tarball from apache.org, I will make it temporarily available from here: www.jggimi.homeip.net/xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.tar.gz

Let us know if you are able to obtain it.
Reply With Quote
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2008
bsdnewbie999 bsdnewbie999 is offline
Package Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 145
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Oh, thank you. I download the xalan from the link u provided and it works.
Reply With Quote
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd June 2008
bsdnewbie999 bsdnewbie999 is offline
Package Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 145
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What should i install in case to compile and run java program?
Reply With Quote
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd June 2008
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Read FAQ 8.3.
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008
ocicat ocicat is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,888
Thanked 190 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdnewbie999 View Post
What should i install in case to compile and run java program?
Code:
# ln -sf /usr/local/jdk-1.6.0/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java
# ln -sf /usr/local/jdk-1.6.0/bin/javac /usr/local/bin/javac
Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008
openbsdguy openbsdguy is offline
GRC/BCP/DRP/ => ITIL Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question jdk build error... (continued)

Good day gents,

Got a problem here...

Attempting to install jdk 1.6 from ports... and I get this:

*** You're missing files: jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z



: Would any of you kind sirs know where I might get this beast?

Cheers,
Guy on a fresh OpenBSD 4.4 install
Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

According to FAQ 8, for Java versions with Sun's restrictive licenses, you must register with Sun and agree to Sun's licenses, then manually fetch the distribution files yourself.

If you take a moment to read the output of your failing make command, you will see the exact instructions you must follow. Here's the output from a jdk 1.6 make on -current; you should see similar output with whatever you are running:
Code:
$ make 
===>  Checking files for jdk-1.6.0.03
*** You're missing files:  jdk-6u3-fcs-src-b05-jrl-24_sep_2007.jar jdk-6u3-fcs-bin-b05-jrl-24_sep_2007.jar jdk-6u3-fcs-mozilla_headers-b05-unix-24_sep_2007.jar bsd-jdk16-patches-4.tar.bz2
*** You must manually fetch the distribution files, place
*** them in /usr/ports/distfiles and then run make again.
*** Get the JDK 6u3 Source file:
***  jdk-6u3-fcs-src-b05-jrl-24_sep_2007.jar
*** and the JDK Binaries file:
***  jdk-6u3-fcs-bin-b05-jrl-24_sep_2007.jar
*** and the Mozilla Binaries file:
***  jdk-6u3-fcs-mozilla_headers-b05-unix-24_sep_2007.jar
*** from http://download.java.net/jdk6/6u3/promoted/b05/index.html
***
*** Get the BSD patchset file:
***  bsd-jdk16-patches-4.tar.bz2
*** from http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk16.html
*** Error code 1 ...
Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008
J65nko J65nko is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Budel - the Netherlands
Posts: 3,158
Thanked 182 Times in 149 Posts
Default

You have to download the java sources from the Sun website first.
This is explained in the section "Building the Sun JDK" from http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#Programming
__________________
You don't need to be a genius to debug a pf.conf firewall ruleset, you just need the guts to run tcpdump
Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008
openbsdguy openbsdguy is offline
GRC/BCP/DRP/ => ITIL Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question jdk build error... (continued)

Good evening gents,

Forgive me... Some background. I have already registered with Sun.
  1. I have already downloaded all of the files listed in the error and placed in the "/usr/ports/distfiles/" directory

The problem is that the path/URL provided in the error referring to this file is incorrect.

This is why I was wondering if any of you had this file. I had meant to keep the post short, however, if you want me to go through my install steps, step by step, that would not be a problem.

Cheers,
Guy
Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009
BSDfan666 BSDfan666 is offline
Real Name: N/A, this is the interweb.
Helpful companion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,223
Thanked 193 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Just a quick question; ignoring for a moment that I don't use Java; and never have.. but isn't the jdk/jre 1.7 port.. (OpenJDK).. available as a package?

Why use 1.{5,6} instead of that?
Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openbsdguy View Post
...I have already downloaded all of the files listed in the error and placed in the "/usr/ports/distfiles/" directory...
Thanks for clarifying your problem. It looks, to me, that you have still not read through your make output carefully enough. That is because the error message says you are missing a 1.5 jdk distfile.

It is likely that while you have all of your distfiles for 1.6, you have not noticed that the make is attempting to build 1.5 first... unfortunately, 1.5 is a build dependency for 1.6. See the BUILD_DEPENDS variable in the 1.6 Makefile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
...isn't the jdk/jre 1.7 port.. (OpenJDK).. available as a package?
Yes, the license for Sun Java 1.7 is GPLv2, with a CLASSPATH exception. This allows binary distribution. Packages are available beginning with 4.4-release.
Quote:
Why use 1.{5,6} instead of that?
Application or feature dependencies. Example: 1.7 does not have a Mozilla plugin, earlier versions do.
Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009
BSDfan666 BSDfan666 is offline
Real Name: N/A, this is the interweb.
Helpful companion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,223
Thanked 193 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Example: 1.7 does not have a Mozilla plugin, earlier versions do.
That's kinda curious.. what's the reason for that?

Anyway, I found references to "gcjwebplugin", a replacement that works with OpenJDK.

Do you know anything about that?
Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009
BSDfan666 BSDfan666 is offline
Real Name: N/A, this is the interweb.
Helpful companion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,223
Thanked 193 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Please disregard; I did a little more research.. seems as if it's still in the early stages.. no apparent port for OpenBSD available either.

Ignore me..

EDIT: Is also something called IcedTeaPlugin... such a confusing thing java is.

Last edited by BSDfan666; 1st January 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009
openbsdguy openbsdguy is offline
GRC/BCP/DRP/ => ITIL Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question jdk build error... (continued)

Good evening gentlemen,

First, let me reply to BSDfan666:
I installed the jre package, but it didn't seem to be acknowledged by the UML tool I was trying to build. I thought it might be prudent to install from ports as I had hoped it might be more readily recognized... This still appears to be seen. I'll keep everyone apprised.

Secondly, my reply to jggimi:
I did notice that the requirements were for 1.5, as opposed to 1.6. If you will notice my original post, I cited the file requested. When a java build errors, it displays an address for the build requirement. Unfortunately for me, the address specified did not house the file in question. That is the challenge I am facing right now.

So in summary, does anyone have the file in question? I'll post the required file again: jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z

If not, I do not want to waste anyone's time or extend this thread indefinitely. I can try to build another tool/solution. I will try again when I have free time next week.

Cheers gents and have a good weekend!
Guy
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009
jggimi's Avatar
jggimi jggimi is offline
More noise than signal
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
Thanked 214 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Code:
*** Get JDK 5.0 Update 14 for Solaris x86 packages file:
***  jdk-1_5_0_14-solaris-i586.tar.Z
*** from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp or
*** http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/5.0_14/index.html
From the first link, you may reach the 1.5.0.14 package by clicking on Previous Releases then Archived Releases, then selecting JDK 5.0 Update 14 from the menu, then selecting the download of the JDK, then selecting the Solaris x86 version and agreeing to the license, then downloading the file.

The second link is apparently no longer valid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
java, java jdk, jdk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
make build hangs chill OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading 5 2nd April 2009 05:03 PM
Do you build your own computers? JMJ_coder Off-Topic 28 28th July 2008 03:04 AM
lang/pcc build errors JMJ_coder NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) 1 17th June 2008 02:00 AM
New server build tanked FreeBSD General 1 5th June 2008 06:41 AM
BitchX build failure mahoney FreeBSD Ports and Packages 1 8th May 2008 07:48 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright © 2007-2010, the authors
Daemon image copyright ©1988, Marshall Kirk McKusick