DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

Old 27th June 2008
New User

I upgraded FF 3 the day it came out. Rather than planning for this historical "Download Day", they should've been focusing on how they could better the browser in the next days/weeks before the release. I think it was quite.. Just not like them. Breaking a record for download doesn't increase the efficiency of the software, so I don't see why it was necessary.

Though I was disappointed when there were barely any themes FF3 compatible.. You would've thought they'd send the active creators of themes newsletters regarding the release of FF 3 and would've had them re-submit updates of their themes to be used for FF 3.
Old 27th June 2008
VPN Cryptographer

Mozilla has no control over 3rd party theme creators and what they do. They did extend the release date for some 'add-on' creators, like Firebug. Otherwise, FF3 would have been released even sooner.

Waiting to release software until it's better means software that is never released. As it stands, FF3 is one of the best.
Old 28th June 2008
Shell Scout

Oh boy I hate FF3....
Sometimes I have to click the [X] more than one time to close a tab. Strg+w has the same problem. I tried it on different PCs and different OS everywhere the same annoying problem.....
That realy sucks if you have to create websites with a hell of a lot pictures (_no_ pr0n but I think the problem stays the same with pr0n ).
I'll stay with the 2 branch.
Old 28th June 2008
VPN Cryptographer

If you have to click on it more than once then it's your own problem and not FF3s. If you insist on staying with FF2 then you should probably stick with fbsd5.0, too.
Old 28th June 2008
Shell Scout

Yeah one could say pebcak but what's so difficult on pressing strg+w ? nothing so it's not my problem but I don't want to get OT so back to topic.